Thursday, March 25, 2010

Visiting the New Hampshire Senate

On St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th), I joined Senator Jacalyn Cilley as her honored guest on the Senate Floor. Senator Cilley presented me with a resolution signed by Tammy Wright, Clerk of the Senate and Sylvia Larsen, President of the Senate, recognizing my commitment and community service work on Passionately Pink: Awareness, Prevention, and Support.

I was given the opportunity to address the Senate and share my passion and sense of urgency to fight against breast cancer - to help end breast cancer forever. Breast cancer is an epidemic. It is the most common form of cancer diagnosed in New Hampshire Women (excluding skin cancer). Each year approximately 1,000 New Hampshire women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer and approximately 200 will die of the disease.

Thank you to Senator Cilley for her support and the opportunity to speak with the New Hampshire Senate. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/Senate/