Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Little Nutcracker Magic...





On Friday, December 10th and Sunday, December 12th, my dance school, New Hampshire School of Ballet performed our first two Nutcrackers of the holiday season. Our team did SUCH an amazing job, and I am SO proud of all of my team mates!!! The performances were at the Concord City Auditorium in Concord, and the Claremont Opera House in Claremont. I was especially excited for this Nutcracker, because I would be dancing with my dad. Our dance studio doesn't have any grown boys to do the partnering, so in the "Adagio" (partnering) classes, our fathers partner us. We call them "Adagio Dads." My dad did the BEST job ever!!! We landed all of our lifts and turns, and I'm proud to say that as a whole, our entire team did the best job that we've ever done before! As for my dad, he's a great partner and I am so lucky to have such a supportive father, and who knows, when he retires he could even get a job at the Boston Ballet as a professional partner ;). What really made my night was when I looked out in the audience during the "Snow Scene" and saw Grace, the little girl that I baby sit. I gave her a wink during one part of the dance and she gave me an excited smile and a shy little wave. She was so excited when she came back stage during intermission to meet the cast. I said to her, "Grace, would you like to meet the Sugar Plum Fairy?" Clinging to my leg, we hobbled over to my friend Dana, who was playing the Sugar Plum Fairy, and eventually she met the rest of the cast. The first two performances of the Nutcracker really got me into the holiday spirit!!! I can not wait to do it again! Don't miss our final Nutcracker of the season, December 28th at the Palace Theater in Manchester, NH. Thanks to my wonderful teacher Jen, who makes the magic of performing in the Nutcracker a reality for all of us!
With love,
Lauren
http://www.nhschoolofballet.com/