Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Take Your Marks...Get Set...Go!

Wow, what a great weekend here in Durham! I met tons of alumni, Durham residents and students early Saturday Morning at the Homecoming 5K Race. Thanks to WTSN’s Andy Schachat, I had the opportunity to sound the start (“Runners Take Your Marks”) and hold the finish line.

The Wildcats had a great weekend with a win for the Men's Hockey Team against Wisconsin and the Football team had a close game with solid effort.

After the Homecoming events, I joined Miss New Hampshire Natalie Shaw at the Pampering for a Purpose event in Tilton to raise money for Breast Cancer Research. What a successful and fun event that was!

Thank you so much to Andy Schachat for inviting me to help out at the race, and of course the Miss New Hampshire organization and the Tanger Outlets for holding such a terrific service event.

Saturday night, I attended the inaugural Miss Monadnock Scholarship Program in Wilton to cheer on all of the talented contestants and congratulate the new Miss Monadnock Samantha Massahos.

I’ve enjoyed a wonderful, very busy first week as Miss Strafford County and can’t wait to see what adventures next week holds! Jenn